Company Work Permit Services

While EU nationals are free to travel and work within Europe, people from most other countries need a visa to enter the EU and a work permit to work in Germany.

If a company intends to relocate a non-EU-national employee to Germany, one of the first points to be identifies is if the employee can get one of these permits.

To obtain a work visa, the employee must be offered wither a local contract with a German entity or a deputation contract with a foreign company entity. Should the company decide to go for a deputation then it needs to be know that such a stay must not exceed a period 3 months, unless the company has a German company entity (ICT). Also, some nationalities (like American employee) are excluded from the 3 months – deputation limit.

Dwyer Legal Law Firm is one of German’s leading consultion and supporting firm in the field of company immigration. We support international clients with companies of all sizes. Our objective is to combine our experience—in-depth knowledge of immigration law and excellent connections to the German authorities and consulates — to always provide our clients with the most effective and suitable services possible. In addition we do also support our clients in other legal and technical aspects such as the tax & payroll processing and – of course – also provide legal consulting in all relevant areas (like company and labour law).

Please feel free to contact us should you need further information on our company work permit services or read more FAQs here. Correspondence languages are English, German and Italian.